Low Backache is a common morbidity everyone faces more than once in their lives, most commonly seen in people over the age of 40, obese, people who seldom exercise, previous history of back injury and people who have maintained a wrong posture for brief periods of their lives. The event of cerebral pain as a sequela of low back agony was analyzed in a specimen of interminable torment patients.
Predictable with earlier research, migraine was observed to be a typical accompanying of back agony. In numerous patients, cerebral pain was found to have started or exacerbated extraordinarily after beginning of low back agony. Pervasiveness of headache in female patients was essentially higher than the populace predominance for females in the United States; this was not valid for male patients. Potential components for clarifying the high pervasiveness of headache following low back agony are examined, including expanded muscle pressure, psychosocial variables, and pain relieving abuse.
Complaints generally are of Excruciating pain, unable to perform any activity, sometimes difficult in twisting, bending over, also sometimes may come with tingling in the back of the thigh. Lets be sure, its a important factor for reduced productivity! 40% of work is affected in general population owing to Low Backache.
Low Backache can be : Acute(Day 1 to 6 weeks), Sub-Acute(6 weeks to 12 weeks), Chronic(>12 weeks)
Almost all cases of backache should be primarily consulted to a physician, and also need active radiological intervention, and almost always can be cured! The cause for Low Backache can be determined and also can easily be cured.
Causes of Low backache and low backache remedies
Your doctor will generally the better idea of the condition, but you also need to be well informed about your condition as you are going through the agony-
Lumbar Spasm : 50-60% of the time, it is because of the Muscle Spasm due to a wrong sleeping posture, over stressing yourself while at the gym, breaking your back doing something you are not accustomed to. This is diagnosed purely by history and by ruling out any other problems by means of radiological equipments.
Nerve Irritation : Nerve Irritation is a common problem, which affects almost one third of the population during old age! it is due to the compression on the nerves emerging from the spinal cord. the compression could be due to a wide range of things, which your doctor would be the best to provide information upon.
Structural problems : Slipped disc, Slipped Vertebra, Arthritis are common terms when in a doctors office because majority of the problems are a commonality in the middle age and old age! They also reduce the range of motion, increased pain during walking, exercise and if this happens you most definitely need to visit the physician.
Injuries : Injuries we will only discuss about the Bony injuries and ligament injuries. Fracture of the lower vertebral column is common in old age even with minimal amount of stress as the bone density is lost, this causes severe excruciating pain even with LOSS OF SENSATION & MOVEMENT OF LOWER LIMBS, definite necessity to visit the orthopedicians office.
Others : If a woman is pregnant, even labor pains could mimic low backache, could at times be the first sign, any tumors pressing on any organs can also cause low backache, also any infections of the bones and joints could cause low backache.
Few Low Backache Remedies Are:
1. Maintaining a proper posture while sleeping, having a pillow between both knees so as to straighten the back also can be reinforced by marking the sleeping path by pillows.
2. Walking for 30 minutes as soon as waking up.
3. Low Backache can be effectively treated with over the counter medications such as Acetaminophen, Ibuprofen.
4. Ice Pack application for 10 minutes can provide some relief.
5. If there is any visible swelling, a hot compress can help too.
Chronic Backache treatment :
1. Getting a proper mattress is the best remedy for a longstanding backache problem.
2. Changing posture while in front of the computer and sitting erect.
3. WEIGHT LOSS – Obese people generally get upper backache, but ache anywhere in the back is attributed to obesity! And weight loss can have a remedial cure.
4. Flats – It is advisable not to wear heels higher than 2 cms on an everyday basis, as this can cause long standing back problems in a later date
Low Backache is a common and a complex problem, which can be remedied at home with the above measures if not requiring a visit to the doctors office.